Wednesday 18 April 2012

Becontree

Out in Fulham Broadway watching the Chelsea Bareclona game, had been drinking from 2. Sometime around midnight the lads put me on the district line and said later that they could see me falling asleep as the train pulled off. Was meant to get off at Bow Road, it’s a 15 minute walk home from there. Woke up 7 stops further on at Barking. Jumped up and stepped off the train. Couldn’t see any signs saying where I was so stepped back on just as the doors were closing. As we were pulling off saw Barking on the wall. Rats.
Didn’t stop at Upney for some reason and had to get off at Becontree, 9 stops past a 15 minute walk from my house. Ran across towards the other platform but there was a sign saying the last train had already gone. Had no battery on the phone to check where I was so settled on going right outside the station and right again. The rain was coming down in sheets but luckily I had a broken umbrella. Tried to thumb a lift for a while. Walked for at least a couple of hours but only made it 4 or 5 miles to the golden arches. They never looked so good.
Walked through drive through. Big Mac meal, fanta, a taxi and can you tell me where I am please? Becton. Feck that’s far. Stood by the window eating my meal pretending to be a computer taking peoples orders – “Hello, can I take your order please? No we do not have any fries, next!” I crack myself up. One guy in a passenger seat wasn’t happy with my service. Called me names. I leaned in the window “Hey, hey you, you mind your manners.” More names, asks if I want to take this outside. I stoop down, look in the window again and say “I am outside!” Another car pulls up, guy tells me students get a free cheeseburger. How does he know I’m a student? How does he know I like burgers? I turn to my man behind the counter, how come you never told me about this? He gives me another burger. He’s not pleased, thought he got away with it. It’s just plain with a bit of cheese and it disgusts me. I eat it down. Taxi pulls up. “Yeah, what can I get you?” “Did you order taxi?” Home for 3.30am.

TUBE
TAXI
POTENTIAL AND EVENTUAL WALK
McDONALDS THAT I THINK WAS THE ONE I WALKED TO


No comments:

Post a Comment